To Renew Registrations through the MA RMV online please click here
*Please review the attached pdf which provides step by step instructions to renew online. If you receive a "unable to renew, no insurance on file" message please reach out to our broker contact.
The information provided to the Property Office should include: (1) make; (2) model; (3) year; (4) use of vehicle; and (5) copy of the vehicle transfer agreement (if applicable). For the sale, disposal, or donation of an MIT vehicle, please obtain the title from the Property Office (Mike McCarthy, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The original title for a newly purchased vehicle, including new “used” vehicles, should be submitted to the Property Office.
Each DLC is responsible for the registration of its own vehicles. Department Heads, AOs, or other authorized MIT staff may sign the registration application. Applications should reflect MIT, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building NE36-7216 Cambridge, MA 02139 as the vehicle owner and address. Refer to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles for general information regarding procedures, hours of operation, and locations.
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
Contact: Chris Bell
- Here is a link to the application highlighting the sections our broker will need to assist DLC's, the green highlights will be filled out by our broker.
- If a vehicle is new or a stamp is required the RTA must be filled out and provided to our broker via email. Broker contact then has it stamped, dated and emailed back to vehicle contact or dealer to be taken to RMV or uploaded to the RMV website.
- Make sure the MA RTA form is legible and the signature on the bottom of 2nd page, “Signature/Owner” is a wet signature.
- Please be advised that the busiest months at the RMV are October, November, and December. Processing will take longer during these months, so please plan accordingly.
- The RMV no longer takes credit cards when renewing registrations at a branch office.
- Please note registering and renewing registrations is the responsibility of the department, please make sure you are aware of the vehicle renewal dates. DLC’s can access the RMV system 8 weeks ahead of expiration. It can take 2 to 3 weeks for the RMV to process and mail to campus and then it may take some time through campus mail so please be sure to provide plenty of time to complete the process.
Transferring vehicles between departments:
Notify the Insurance Office of the vehicle being transferred and the department that will now be responsible for the vehicle. Provide the contact name for the new department
For more information on Automobile claims, please contact Sarah Brown at 617-324-5031