Evidence of Insurance Required for Visa Applications
The MIT Insurance Office works with the MIT Health Plans Office when there is a request to provide confirmation of health insurance and/or medical evacuation and repatriation coverage. To prevent delays, all MIT travelers should request visa coverage letters as early as possible before traveling.
Faculty/Staff/Affiliates needing proof of health insurance
- Coverage letters for Affiliates – Contact Lawanda Santiago
- Coverage letters for Employees on Traditional Plan goes to Marcela Bruce
- Coverage letters for Employees on Choice Plans contact the Benefits office
Students traveling on MIT business or on a study abroad program please contact Sarah Brown
Students on Personal Travel (proof of health insurance)
- Coverage letters (Visa, insurance verification ) goes through Gallagher Student Health Insurance (this is for Undergraduates and Graduate students and family members who are enrolled as dependents. Non-Institute Visiting students must request the letter from the Health Plans Office.
- Verification letters are usually available 5–7 business days after your insurance eligibility is confirmed.
- To print a letter
- Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/MIT.
- Log in (if you haven’t already).
- On the left toolbar, click “Account Home”.
- Click on “Verification Letter” under “Coverage History”
Non-MIT Health Coverage
- Faculty, staff, affiliates and students on personal travel: Must seek a letter of medical coverage from their own health insurer.
Proof of Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage
- Faculty/Staff/Affiliates: For confirmation of coverage for either business or leisure travel, please contact Sarah Brown in the Insurance Office. *Please note, spouses and/or dependent children are also covered when accompanying a covered member on a business related trip, they are not covered for leisure travel.
For more information, please contact Sarah Brown at 617-324-5031 or email@example.com.